February 8, 2014

Valentines Dinner

It's time to start thinking about what to cook for Valentines this year.  I know lots of people will choose to go out for dinner but, since I am still little introvert me, we'll be staying home for Valentines again this year and I will cook something special for the family.

So what do I have planned? This year I'm planning a fabulous dinner of meatloaf, baked potatoes, broccoli, and fruit salad. This is one of my family's favorite meals, that is that it's one of the few all the kids will eat, and it is one that is fairly simple to cook without a ton of preparation time.

The potatoes and broccoli are pretty simple, I'll leave that part of the meal up to you to figure out. For the fruit salad there are lots of options, our favorite is simply grapes, watermelon, and pineapple cut up and mixed together. So now lets focus on the meatloaf.

Kerr's No Fail Meatloaf:

1 lb ground beef (or other game)
1 package onion soup mix
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup ketchup
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350* F. Make sure your meat is thawed and then put everything in a bowl. Stick your hands in and smoosh until everything is combined. Then form into a ball or loaf and put in pan. Drizzle with more ketchup. Bake for 1 hour. Serve & Enjoy!

Note: For the Valentine heart adaptation I followed the same procedure but after putting the ball of meat into the pan I squished the bottom into a point and then made the heart shaped top with my hands. Nothing scientific about it, just until it looks like a heart.

1 comment :