February 18, 2014

National Children's Oral Health Month with Firefly

It's National Children's Oral Health Month, in case you haven't already heard, and that means it's an extra good time to check in on your children's teeth! Here at Kerrific we are making that happen with a visit to our local dentist, something that's not nearly as horrible as my kids pretend it is, and new toothbrushes and mouthwash from Firefly.

There are so many great things about Firefly that I can't even begin to tell you about them all but I'm going to try anyway. Probably my favorite thing is their awesome toothbrushes. Since teeth brushing is an ongoing habit at our house, we've been through lots of different toothbrushes and the Firefly brushes are my favorite yet.

So why do I love the kids' Firefly Toothbrushes? The number one reason is because of their lights. That's right, I love them for the same reason my kids like them. They have buttons and lights. But it's so much more than that. These innovative toothbrushes have eliminated the need for me to keep a timer in the bathroom for oral care. That also means that I don't have to start all the kids brushing at the exact same time. Each toothbrush has a lighted timer that goes from green, to yellow, to red, to help the kids know how long to brush their teeth. They simply have to follow the lights twice, once for the top and once for the bottom. Even my two year old can do it and loves watching in the mirror.


So what else is there to love? Firefly has partnered with Oral Health America (OHA) and is donating thousands of toothbrushes to underserved children through the "Smiles Across America" program. I just love that this program serves over 400,000 children. I know when you make a difference in the life of a child you create change and I just love that Firefly has taken the time to do just that.

If you aren't yet celebrating National Children's Oral Health Month there is still time! Call and make an appointment with your dentist today. Then leave me a note and let me know how you plan to help make a change for better oral health!


No comments :

Post a Comment