January 25, 2014

The Christmas Quilt by Vannetta Chapman

One thing I love about Christmas break is that it gives me a chance to do lots of reading. This Christmas I had the chance to read The Christmas Quilt by Vannetta Chapman, an amazing novel that spoke to my mother's heart!
The Christmas Quilt begins as Annie, a young Amish woman and midwife, begins a baby quilt for her best friend's twins. She is determined to finish it before their Christmas arrival but God has other plans as the babies try to make an early appearance. As Annie travels to the English hospital with her friend she finds the quilt she has started becomes even more significant for both women and the babies.
I found The Christmas Quilt to be not only an amazingly inspirational story but one that touched me personally. As a mom of babies who decide to arrive early, I know all to well the pain, hope, fear, and many other emotions that go through a mother's heart during this time. I too found great hope in Annie's quilt and highly recommend this book to any expectant mother or any mother at all who needs to find a little hope in their life. What a great read!

No comments :

Post a Comment