January 18, 2012

More Clogged Pipes at the Kerr House

I have written quite a bit about our crazy plumbing problems. I don't know who the previous owner(s) of our house were but they really messed up the plumbing. While E has been off work for the last month one of his jobs was to fix our last, we hope, plumbing problem for a while.

This involved unclogging the basement drain in the laundry room. This is just the drain in the middle of the floor but when we mopped when we first moved in it got some water in it and it was still their two weeks later so we knew there was a problem. Thankfully we didn't have any floods while we were waiting for time to fix the problem.

When E finally opened it up what did he find? A shirt! That's right, someone had packed, and I mean packed, a t-shirt down the drain. After about 4 hours of prying and trying to get the thing out we got the shirt out of the drain. It came out in tiny pieces and stunk so bad it was ridiculous. Why someone would put a shirt in the drain I don't know but my kids better never try it because I do not want to help with that job again ever!

I am participating in a blogger campaign for Bucks2Blog about frozen pipes and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment