January 9, 2012

Blocking out the Cold

Often as I sit and write I am doing so from campus. I have a few breaks between my classes during the day and I like to sit and blog. One of my favorite places to do this is in the math building because they have two areas that are all windows which allows me to sit in the sun.

The disadvantage to this is that oftentimes these areas are very drafty. I always have to make sure I have my sweatshirt and coat as I get cold so easily. People often look at me like I am crazy as I sit here bundled up in a sweatshirt and coat with my hat on but I love the feel of the sun on my face even if I do freeze while I'm here.

There are days that I ponder what the school's heating bill must be. I know the bill at our house gets higher than we like to think about this time of year and we do everything we can to keep the heat in. I can't imagine what the bill would look like if we were opening and closing doors all day and had even larger windows than we already do. But I suppose that's the downfall of living in a cold place and enjoying sunlight.

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for Thermal Block and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment