December 1, 2011

Cosmetic Dentistry

Going to the dentist is not my favorite thing. Partially because my parents insisted on cosmetic dentistry when I was little. I am missing some teeth so the dentist had the opportunity to completely rearrange my mouth.

Needless to say, this was not pleasant for me. It involved years of braces, weekly dental visits, reshaping of my teeth and many other tedious procedures. At one point they even gave me some special headgear to make my lips appear larger.

Was it worth it, for me not really. My teeth were straight but are now crooked again due to an allergy to my retainer that made my mouth swell. This means I'm right back where I started which is very frustrating after my almost 10 years of treatment.

Don't get me wrong, cosmetic dentistry can be a great benefit to some. I would love to have beautiful teeth. My advice, make sure you're not allergic to the plastic retainer before you let it anywhere near your mouth. And do not subject your children to unnecessary dental work, they may end up like me and have more serious problems as an adult because they really do not want to go back.

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and Cosmetic Dentist NYC and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

2 comments :

  1. Going to the dentist regularly is important for your overall health and the health of your teeth, mouth and gums. Dentists can be prepared to work with any age group to effectively treat their patient's needs. If you're looking for a dental health practice to handle the needs of your growing children, you will need to find a dentist that can address all the various age groups or find a specific practice that focuses on one age group in particular. You see your dentist on a regular basis for dental maintenance and care. This includes check-ups, cleanings, x-rays and dental treatments.

    Corona Dentist CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your concern. Some dental procedures might not be applicable for everybody, but there are specific tools and processes that work best for each person. Don't give up if one process fails you. Who knows, your dentist might find a better solution for your teeth.

    ReplyDelete