November 8, 2011

Modest Dresses

As I have been shopping lately I have been looking at dresses. I was recently asked to work with our 1 to 3 year olds at church and that means I need to change my wardrobe. Not that the clothes I usually wear are bad but they usually involve knee length skirts and heals, which do not mesh very well with playing on the floor with toddlers.

My new wardrobe does not need to be fancy, we all know the kids will not care, but it does need to be practical. For me this means modest dresses that do not fall off when I bend over and flat shoes. The fact that I am also a nursing mom throws another twist into this need. It is super hard to find a dress that modest and gives me the ability to nurse with. Usually if it is a dress I can nurse in it is a dress that will not be warm at all. This is so frustrating to me  because I am always so cold and generally end up wearing my coat.

Living in a small town can be so frustrating when it comes to things like this. I really don't want to get out the sewing machine but I think that is what might have to happen. Where do you find cute but functional dresses?

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

1 comment :