October 7, 2011

It's time to start that holiday planning

The Kerr house got about 4 inches of snow yesterday which means it's time to start thinking about Christmas. Here are a few tips to help your planning go smoothly.

1. Decided where you are celebrating. This is a dilemma this year because we were going to celebrate in our new home but E's sister is getting married the week before and my brother is coming home from a 2 year mission the day after. This means we'll probably be traveling and we've got to decide what days to spend with what family.
2. Family Pictures. This is what the grandma's always ask for for Christmas so it's that time of year where I need to get a new family photo. This is not usually hard but I have to start early to make sure it happens.
3. Holiday Cards. One I have the family photo it's time to get the holiday cards going. I usually like to do something like this card because the Aunts and Uncles keep them up year round and this makes it look not quite so holiday.
4. Clean out the toy room. We like to clean out the toy room so there's room for all the awesome stuff Santa will bring.
5. Plan Holiday Parties. We really like to decorate gingerbread houses with friends but I have to plan a time to get that done.
6. Think about your holiday menu. I know last year I waited for the last minute to purchase some of those seasonal ingredients and they were all gone. Make sure you get these items early so you have them.
7. Gifts. Start looking for gifts, if you haven't already. You'll get the best deals if you start now. Also, don't forget to shop discount and/or thrift stores.
8. Decorate. Now is the time to put those lights  on the house before it really starts snowing. So much safer and easier this way.
9. Get your children excited. This is not usually hard and finding them a way to enjoy the time right before Christmas can be so much fun. An advent or other type of countdown can be lots of fun!
10. Plan time to relax. I like to make sure I have everything done by about a week before Christmas so I can spend that time with my family relaxing. There is no reason to be stressed over the holiday if you plan wisely.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the Storkie holiday blogging program. I received compensation for my participation. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments :

Post a Comment