August 10, 2011

The Days My Boys Were Born

I honestly don't remember much about the days my boys were born but there are a few things that stand out to me about each of their births.

B was born early in the morning. I had spent the day before moving everything out of my house so they could lay new carpet, yes, I was supposed to be on bed rest. Anyway, I woke up to my water breaking and got E out of bed. I remember that summer that every road between our house and the hospital was under construction so it seemed to take forever and the road was so bumpy. I also remember the nurse at the hospital, who I had seen quite a few times already that pregnancy, tell me that I was not leaving this time without a baby and it being the best news I'd heard in a long time.

C was born in the middle of the day on a Sunday. I went to church and had contractions the whole time. By the time I got home I was in so much pain I sat on the bed and just held my belly. E took B over to my friend's house across town and then came home and took me to the hospital. Once I got their they tried to stop my labor which didn't work so we got to have a baby. The next two weeks C was in the NICU and they were probably close to the worst weeks of my life. It was so hard having B at home needing care and feeling like I should be with C but E had to work the whole time so it was very frustrating.

D's birth was a little more recent, of course, so I remember a little more. I went to bed the night before he was born having pretty good contractions. They were consistent but I couldn't seem to make them get better or worse so I went to bed. I woke up pretty early, really early for me, and they were much worse so we called our wonderful friend and neighbor who came over to watch the boys and E again took me to the hospital. (At this point I knew I was having kids too close together because the nurses recognized me and it was the first time I had been in that pregnancy.) This time my doctor new better than to even try to stop the contractions so we got to have a baby. D did spend about 12 hours in NICU but that was ok. One big thing I remember is that it was a really cold spring and I was stuck in the hospital for the 3 nice days we had. Oh well, a new baby is worth it.

What do you remember about when your children were born? Is there one thing that sticks out more than the others? Let me know.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tommee Tippee blogging contest for a chance to get a gift pack worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment