July 11, 2011

Ten Reason to Visit Virginia Beach

As a child one of my very favorite things to do was travel with my family. Because I have family over the whole country it was something we did every summer. I am a big fan of airplanes and we traveled cross country frequently. Some of my favorite vacations were to the east coast and we visited many fun places. One of my favorite things to do on vacation is spend time on the beach. E likes to say I am cold blooded because anytime I can sit in the sun I will. Virginia Beach is a great place to visit. There is so much to do that anyone can enjoy their stay. Here is a brief list of what you can find at Virginia Beach.

  1. Water Play - The first thing most think of when they hear beach is the water. At Virginia Beach they have boat tours, jet skiing, para-sailing, surfing and of course swimming.
  2. History - Yes, I am a history minor and I LOVE to check out historic attractions in the areas I visit. At Virginia Beach they have lighthouses and parks for every history enthusiast.
  3. Shopping - Don't forget to pick up a keepsake, or two, during your stay at Virginia Beach. There are always many options for shopping at Virginia Beach, make sure you take the time to visit them all.
  4. Fishing - Because E is is an Idaho man this is a required skill. (Don't ask as I don't fully understand either.) There are lots of fishing options at Virginia Beach pleasing even the biggest "manly" man.
  5. For the Kids - With the huge sand box at Virginia Beach I know my kids would be content for life if I brought enough sunscreen. If you want more however there is also the Aquarium and the State Park to help occupy your time.
  6. Accommodations - When we visited Virginia Beach we got a rental home which was a great option for our family as it allowed us to not only sleep but cook our own meals which saved us a lot of money. This is only one option however.
  7. Dining - You, of course, can find great seafood at Virginia Beach. Or, if you're feeling talented, there are also local markets to buy seafood and then use it in your own recipes.
  8. Family Great Adventure Series - Although I have not participated in this it sounds like the perfect family activity especially for older kids. It is described as "an interactive adventure that leads them to various sites along the boardwalk and Atlantic Avenue to unravel a mystery." And best of all it's FREE.
  9. FunkFest - A celebration of Music through the years. Free concerts are available Aug 26-27.
  10. Symphony By the Sea - This is a series of concerts that sounds like a lot of fun if you live nearby or if you happen to be there at the time.
This is just a brief preview of what you can find at Virginia Beach. Make sure you check out all the other options if you're looking for a great summer vacation.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment